The main signs are as follows:
– Volatile, difficult and unstable relationships with others, including own children
– Problems with behaviour including anti-social behaviour leading to conflict with the law (especially in the case of males who were abused as children
– Extreme emotions and difficulty controlling them
– Hypervigilance / feelings of vulnerability / not feeling safe and secure
– Did not fulfil academic potential
– Dependence on alcohol or drugs in attempt to reduce emotional pain and suffering
– Intrusive and disturbing memories of abuse
– Intrusive and disturbing feelings and emotions connected to the abuse (eg when lying awake at night)
– Nightmares, insomnia
– Depression, anxiety, PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), BPD (borderline personality disorder)
– ‘Comfort eating’ and associated obesity
– Self-harm in behaviour
– Thoughts about suicide
Advice About Professional Help / Possible Treatments/Therapies: Click here.
Self-help : Scientific studies show that clinical hypnotherapy and mindfulness can help alleviate many psychological conditions, especially when used in conjunction with other therapies.
Click below to find out more about the benefits of hypnotherapy:
Above ebooks, The Devastating Effects Of Childhood Trauma and Childhood Trauma : Emotional Abuse, available for immediate download from Amazon. Other titles available. Click here.
David Hosier BSc Hons; MSc; PGDE(FAHE).