What Are The Signs An Adult Was Abused As A Child?
The main signs are as follows:
– Volatile, difficult and unstable relationships with others, including own children
– Problems with behavior including anti-social behavior leading to conflict with the law (especially in the case of males who were abused as children
– Hypervigilance / feelings of vulnerability / not feeling safe and secure
– Did not fulfil academic potential
– Dependence on alcohol or drugs in attempt to reduce emotional pain and suffering
– Intrusive and disturbing feelings and emotions connected to the abuse (e.g. when lying awake at night)
– Nightmares, insomnia
- TO VIEW MY PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED ARTICLE : SIGNS OF EXPOSURE TO TRAUMA IN 0 TO 6 YEAR OLDS, CLICK HERE
- Advice About Professional Help / Possible Treatments/ Therapies For Adults Abused As A Child, Click here.